Wednesday 20 June 2007

RSS Feeds and My Contact Lists

Today I've added a couple of RSS Feeds on http://www.getalife.com.au/. So now members and site visitors can add Getalife's calender of upcoming events to their newsreaders, blogs or myspace pages. Members can even get an RSS Feed of their own activities - quiet attractive to those who, via detailed blogs and online photo albums, are already leading their lives in the public eye.

A very exciting addition is that all the links in the RSS Feeds have the members' personal site-ref parameter in them. In laymen's terms: everybody who clicks to Getalife from a link in the RSS Feed, and continues to register on the site, gets automatically added to the list of 'My Referrals'.

Am curious to see how many members will actually use these RSS Feeds - I would say quiet a few, once they realize that they are a grest way to earn a free subscription!

Bookmarks

Have also added a bookmark widget in the footer. With all these bookmarking and social media sites popping up like mushrooms, who knows what it will do to popularise the site.

My Friends and My Contact Lists

Very excited about the new My Friends and My Contact lists tools we're working on right now! Peter reckons they'll be online next week. Which means Getalife members can now invite their friends (including people who are not on Geytalife yet) to join of their customised contact lists, e.g. My Tennis Buddies, My Favourite Spunk Rates or My Old Girls.

Online PR and Viral Tool Set

So we're close to having a comprehensive set of online PR tools that Getalife members can use to promote the site, and their own groups and activities, and fast track their social networks:

- RSS Feeds
- Bookmarks
- Finders
- Send to Friend modules (new soon to be installed!)
- siteref-parameters
- ....

Still have to think of a communication plan to tell them about it, and - most of all - get them to use it!

So much to do!

No comments: